Thursday, July 30, 2009

How I Buy Stuff

“Men desire simple shopping experienceces, stores with less variety and convenience” (MKTG, Lamb, pg. 75). This I find to be true in many males that I know, and myself. Shopping sometimes might not be the number one thing to do for me, but when I do go shopping, I like stuff to be easy to find, and not to mention a store that is relatively close to my house. If I want buy something, when there’s many different variety, I can never really make my mind up, especially when it’s not something I’m use to go out and buying myself. Shoe shopping use to be a nightmare for me, at first when I needed to buy some new shoes, at first I never looked at the brand or the price, I just looked at how the shoe looked. I was quick to find out that that was a very poor way to buy shoes for myself. They might have looked nice, but they were very uncomfortable. Once I bought two pairs of shoes, back to back, that were not satisfying, I have taken more time to buy a pair of shoes, but unfortunately that obviously took way too long. Spending over two hours to buy shoes just was too ridiculous to take, just to buy shoes. Once I found a pair I liked, comfortable and stylish, I just decided that’s that would be the only shoe I would buy, lucky for me they make this shoe in many different styles and colors. It’s almost the same with everything else I buy, in the same nature as the shoes. It’s convenient, and I can go to the same place to get them, fast & easy, no waiting, no trying on, no wasting time in deciding if I really do like it enough to buy. And that’s how I would want most of my shopping experience to be like, unless it’s a big important purchase.

No comments:

Post a Comment