Thursday, July 23, 2009

Me As A Consumer: Why I Buy, What I Buy

My demographic as a consumer, is all really on what I prefer personally to accommodate myself in comfort and entertainment. My shopping habits go by, usually, things I need first and then, things I want. Things I need first change day to day, it could be something to eat because I’m hungry, or I just ran out of tooth paste so I better go out and buy some before my day is over. Since I buy things that I prefer, I don’t buy a lot of stuff that’s ‘in style.’ The Shoes I buy, all the time, are Adrian Lopez CIRCA’s, not because it’s been advertized a million times, It’s because CIRCA is my favorite brand. It’s a comfortable shoe, and it comes in the same style but in many different colors and fabrics. When it comes to jeans, I wear LEVI STRAUSS, not because it’s a famous brand, it’s because I work at a Levi’s store, and I get them at a discount price from retail price. Shirts are a different story. It can go from buying a shirt because it has a favorite band, artist, brand, or show, like Hypnotized Minds LLC, Batman, His Infernal Majesty (H.I.M.), Mario Brothers, Element, Fly Society. Also, a lot of shirts are given to me as presents, so I wear them. When it comes to food, actually, it really depends what’s closer to me when I’m hungry. Or if it’s something I buy for the week, its stuff like cereal (Captain Crunch, Cinnamon Toast Crunch, Mini Wheat’s), milk ( I don’t know what exactly it’s called, but I know it’s the one with the red label), when it comes to refreshments, I usually prefer to buy juice. Tropicana and Donald Duck are my favorites, of course with no pulp. But there is times I have to settle for a soda, because when you go out to drink, the juices are expensive, and usually you can always get free refills with the fountain drinks, but when it comes to that, I prefer Sierra Mist. I’m just really practical to just buying what I like, and what I’m use to, and what comforts me.

No comments:

Post a Comment